irenapasvinter

Jorg H. Kloss
Outlander
Diana Gabaldon
French in Action: A Beginning Course in Language and Culture
Pierre J. Capretz, BĂ©atrice Abetti, Marie-Odile Germain, Laurence Wylie, Beatrice Abetti, Marie Odile-Germain
Learn Spanish Through Music
SUBlingual Music
These Is My Words
Nancy E. Turner
Dreaming in Code: Two Dozen Programmers, Three Years, 4,732 Bugs, and One Quest for Transcendent Software - Scott Rosenberg I don't recommend this book if you are a software engineer or manager, or any other kind of insider in the software development. You'll find little useful or interesting information here and lots of annoying demagogy. The only informative places were those that quoted books and articles on the matter written by professionals. However, the author did have one true epiphany: at the middle of the book he wrote that if the reader were a software engineer, he probably had thrown his book at the other corner of the room by then. I would have done the same if it wasn't an audio book. By the way, the reader of an audio book suited the overall annoying and dilettante tone very well by over-dramatizing every single sentence.

I can't see how outsiders can be interested in this book either: the detailed agony over databases, widgets' libraries and GUI design that is so familiar to software developers must be pretty boring to anybody else.

The only audience I can recommend this book to are journalists that don't know much about the matter but nevertheless want to come up with an "insightful" book about software development.